CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Welcome!


Welcome to our Home!


When you enter our house, this is our "Reading Room".  Kevin has given it that name and I like it.  Past the half wall is our dining room and through the doors in the back is our kitchen.  Come on in!




This area is to the right of the door when you come in.  One day I will have a little bistro table or game table thing there but for now I love it with our painting we got in San Francisco.


I really like taking a large room and separating it out into little areas.  This little niche is my favorite.  That is my great aunt's chair and my favorite lamp.  I like to cozy up in this chair by the window.


Obviously we need an area rug and I need to hang something behind that couch but I found these "shield chairs" at an estate warehouse and I love them.


A great coffee table book and some chocolates.  Acquired these books on our visit to Alcatraz.  We actually met and heard this man, Robert Luke, speak.  He was a former inmate.


We are fortunate to have 2 fireplaces.  This one has come together pretty well I think.  Nate Berkus says you should decorate with your books.  Since this is the Reading Room, how appropriate.  In the center is my Jane Austen collection!


The beautiful staircase


Use every area.  The feel of lamps versus overhead lighting is so comforting.



 This is the wet bar to the right of the dining room.

Have I mentioned how much I love this staircase?!

1 comments:

Jurek

You did such a wonderful job decorating this beautiful home! Congratulations! It looks so cozy and inviting!

Post a Comment