CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 21, 2011

Aunt Wanda

A couple of weeks ago my parents got a phone call from my dad's cousin.  Her name is Linda Peterson.  She was calling to tell them that her mother was dieing and she was in Tucson.  Her mother and my dad's mother are sisters.  They were able to tell Linda that I am living down here now.  Linda called me and I was able to go to Tucson to visit Aunt Wanda before she died.  I learned about several cousins I have living down here in the Gilbert area and Linda's brother Bobby lives in Tucson.  I drove with the children on Saturday to Solomon, AZ to attend Wanda's funeral meet several of these cousins.  It was a great experience for  us.

Aunt Wanda was in the Navy when she first met her husband, Bill.  Because of her service she was given the military honors at her funeral service.

0 comments:

Post a Comment